Monday, April 19, 2010

Short Poems of the time

Summer

Like ants

Come from hole

Half naked

Edited women are

Busy in streets

Winter ends.

Nothing

Being a refugee

I could forget

Everything

I have had and not.

Lesson

Just cooked

Warmed pot

Became cool at the table

We couldn’t ever

Come to the peace.

One for All Seasons

My shoes

Not changed

Like a job

Suffering with

Warm and cool.

My foot

No relief

Both give pain.

Snow

A child plays

A bird folds wings

I bargain for a jacket.

Curse

An idea

Grew up in soul

To plant

While I was thinking.

Your voice

Like a bomb

Destroyed it at once

It never conceived again

I curse

To my mind

He never understood.

Udaya R. Tennakoon

2010/04/15

1 comment:

  1. dear Udaya i like your poems very much...they create mixed feelings in me, but somehow there remains something positive, even when they describe something negative...I've got a fat Robert Frost Poetry book at home, but I don't know this line you quoted on the top of the blog..but I hope you can get a good sleep before you keep all the promises and go thousands of miles;-) take care and be blessed! katja

    ReplyDelete